Tech startups understand the power of unrestricted capital – that’s why they raise rounds. It gives them the freedom to experiment with new approaches, take big risks, and do whatever it takes to break through the noise.
Heat Seek is a tech startup. We build hardware and software to help New Yorkers fight back against slumlords. We also happen to be a nonprofit. We focus on maximizing our impact and doing good, not on making a profit. We're doing something different.
Investment capital doesn't exist in the nonprofit world, and grants large enough to sustain a company are incredibly hard to come by. That's why we're launching Heat Seekers, our giving program for folks in the tech (and tech adjacent) industries who want to see a new kind of tech startup - one focused solely on doing good.
When you join Heat Seekers, you're joining a group of your peers committed to using technology to improve the world. Not as an afterthought. Not as a happy coincidence. By design. You'll get an inside look into what it takes to launch and sustain a social impact startup.
What does that mean exactly?
- You'll participate in a quarterly strategy call. We'll come with a problem, you'll help us brainstorm. Together we'll shape the future of Heat Seek.
- You'll be invited to observe a Heat Seek board meeting once per year.
- We'll think of you as an informal advisor, and may reach out directly for advice.
- We'll thank you in our annual Impact Report.
- If you're interested, after a year we'll consider you for our Board of Directors.
In return, Heat Seekers commit to a minimum monthly donation* of $100.
Your support allows us to focus on the things that really matter, like product development, program expansion, and impact.
* The cost of a gym membership. Easy to stop, start, & pause at any time.